A little comedy going into the holiday season

Jesse, the 8 is a very well designed engine that can take a lot of abuse. Let the timing belt slip and your ok, but the 16v'ers are in BIG trouble.
Learn to wrench it, play with it. It will start every time despite the weather (got my fingers crossed as I type this). Enjoy it!