Ground strap

On 12:05 pm 11/21/06 Behrle Hubbuch <behrleiii@yahoo.com> wrote:

> First I'd like to say how much I enjoyed the recent Monty Python
> banter.  I consider it a true sign of both intellect and a well
> developed sense of humor to be able to remember and regurgitate all
> that dry British humor from the 70's.    On to the question.  I was
> poking around under Dieter's hood recently and couldn't find a ground
> strap from the block to the firewall like I saw on the Cabby.  Is this
> strap in a different location than the '84 has?   Thanks!
>   Behrle

Ni, Ni, Ni,......

Anyway, I have no idea what's normal for 8Vs, Klaus didn't have one that
I'm aware of, and the 16V had one that was hanging on by one or two strands
of the copper weave. I suspect they fall off from wear and get removed for
aesthetic reasons. The car usually starts okay without it and the logic
goes that it isn't doing anything. I'd just add one from the coil mounting
bracket to the block. It's not going to hurt anything, and doesn't add much
weight!
Cathy
Sister of the church of the Holy Free Electron