2 Q's

--- julie@menloparkrandd.com wrote:
> 2) The fan on the same car is making a HOPRRIBLE noise, like the bearing failed. Its constant as
> the switch moves from setting to setting. Any idea of the cause? (duh, bad bearing) but can it
> be repaired?

It can't be repaired and it's hard to lubricate.  To gain some life from failing fans, I have
always wanted to try some "penetrating grease" - you can shoot it right at the bearing through a
straw - supposed to penetrate like Kroil and set up in a grease form.  Like ZEP 2000 - just Google
"penetrating grease." Good luck - fan replacement can cut the hands some, and it's absolute hell
on a bad back.

HTH

Der Cheapass

Sponsored Link

Online degrees - find the right program to advance your career.
Www.nextag.com