85 Scirocco 8v for sale in N.C.

8v 5spd, no sunroof, power locks and windows, AC.
Reliable daily driver, runs pretty well, 32mpg.
Paint crappy, very little rust, no rot, solid car.
Strut towers are fine.
Interior better than average. Dash still has a few
small cracks.
Everything works but power ant, needs new mast.
New HD motor mounts, water pump, T-belt, all tuneup
stuff, lower timing cover,
low temp t-stat and fan switch, front rotors and PBR
pads, rear
drums, shoes, wheel cyls, bearings, springs and park
brake cables new.
SS brake lines all around. Plastic fuel reservoir next
to fuel tank replaced with new. Clutch cable and
hardware, cat is pretty new, rest of exhaust sucks.
Struts worn out, etc, etc. AC still held it's own till
it got above 90 too, need freon.
Heater control panel replaced, vents work now.
Inspected, all lights work. Tires are decent, some
generic brand.
Odo was dead when I got it, fixed now. Looking at
carfax I guesstimate 120K on it. No smoke or knock,
clutch is alright, one cv shaft is recent reman, other
original and OK. I've replaced a bunch of odd and end
little crap, fixed a bunch of junk. Starts cold
alright, idles alright. It's noisy and the suspension
is worn but I don't fear driving it anywhere, and I
drive 600 a week or so. Car is from PA, miracle it's
solid but it is, and un-butchered.
I've only had it six months or so. I've been slowly
undercoating the wheel wells and have done the hatch
in bedliner. Carpet is out but present, been chasing
leaks, think I got them all. Also have spindles with
new hubs and bearings for the front, parts on car
sound fine though.

Reason for pondering sale is lusting after a Porsche
that will likely make me cry like a baby.  I can toss
in a 78K OBD1 ABA motor for another $275 with a 6
month no knock/no smoke warranty. Title clear in my
name. Car in Wilson NC, can be in Rocky Mount and
Greenville area.

Pics are here. Note these are the day I brought it
home, it was filthy and an unkept mess in 50 different
ways and had just come from PA to NC. It's much better
now. More recent pics upon request.  $1500 or there
abouts.  Trades maybe.

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/wolf_walker/Scirocco%205-06/