Can't stop the gearing fun

Here's some charts of interest, first set is for a stock 16v with a
3.67 final drive:

http://www.scirocco.org/somecharts/stock_16v.jpg

and it's acceleration charts (the tiny flats are where you change gears)

http://www.scirocco.org/somecharts/stock_16v_accel.jpg

------------------------

Here's the same two shots, with the only variable changed being the
final drive from 3.67 to 3.94:

http://www.scirocco.org/somecharts/stock_16v_394.jpg

Here's the acceleration chart for the above:

http://www.scirocco.org/somecharts/stock_16v_accel_394.jpg

Cliff Notes:  Car is faster everywhere with 3.94, by a tiny amount
in some places, but loses out on top speed to the 3.67 car.

If that's not fodder, I don't know what is.

No, I can't send you the program, as I received it from the author with
strict instructions not to distribute it because they wanted to sell
it...this
was like 8 year ago though...

However, if you have a chassis dyno plot from your engine and your
gear set, I'll
run your car in it for fun. :-)

(Allyn, you and I said the same things in different ways)

==Brett