Driver's side transaxle mount question

I've done the vice thing, and it only worked because the vice was older than
I am.  I swear this thing doubled as an anvil.  Unless you have one of
those, use a press for sure.

As for removal of the old mount, I've found the 'hacksaw through the center
and saw outwards as to slot the ring of the old mount' trick works just
fine.  You only need to do that once, as you will then have your own press
tool for pressing out future mounts.

HTH
Al