Paper or Plastic?

:) Well, not actually paper, but wood. (just had to say the phrase...)

Anyway, I'm about to build a new hatch cover for my resto mk1. I have a half-
way decent stock piece that's uncut and has all the hardware, so I've got the
template part of it covered.

The question is whether I should go to TAP plastics and get one made from
black ABS or get another piece of wood from Home De-Pot. I think the ABS would
look a bit nicer and I _think_ it will warp less over time, but it'll cost
probably like $40 vs. $4 for the wood. On the flip side, priming and painting
a wood piece would probably take more time than I'm interested in spending...

Is anyone else out there running a plastic hatch cover?

Thx, JT