Are these seats stock? eBay '85

--- Drew Mac <type53@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/27/06, Nate Mellom <doubt@inwave.com> wrote:
> >
> > All white (including painted bumpers), and seats with
> white bolsters.
> > And, neat old skool rims (almost look like chromed
> steelies).
>

> Most likely a Wolfsburg with the body-colour bumpers and
> mirrors and the
> central locking.  I've never seen a white (ermine)
> interior, looks like they
> had black inserts though.

Well, the seats aren't totally stock.  Yes, it is a white
Wolfsburg Edition - the seats originally had white cloth
inserts with black pinstriping horizontally - basically the
negative image of the Wolfie seats in the red / black cars.
 (Just like that fabric though, it did not wear well.)  The
original wheels for the car would have been white
tarantulas as well.

I came close to buying a mint, totally original white
Wolfsburg Edition about 8 years ago, but some friends
talked me out of it.  (It was automatic as well.)  Instead,
I ended up with the white 16v I have now.  :)

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v             '88 Scirocco Slegato
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172