Free (Cincy): retardedly overbuilt tow-hitch setup

Anyone interested in my retardedly overbuilt tow-hitch receiver?  It
replaces the rear bumper (swaps on/off with four bolts), and would be
classed as a class 4000 hitch (if there were such a thing... :D).  I
designed it on paper, and ordered the (cut to order) metal over the
phone from the MetalSupermarket.  I must have been high that day
because the tubing is farcically over sized, but it was already cut,
so I had to buy it...  (I think the main beam is 3" x 1/4" wall -
which looks bigger than it sounds!)

It's designed for a Mk1, but will also fit a Mk2 (although it's angled
a bit upward).  I'll be using it to tow my empty dolly down to Cincy,
where I won't be needing the hitch anymore (my days of hauling cars w/
a Scirocco are over!).  The 86 will be stuffed to overflowing w/ parts
I'm delivering to Cincy, so there's no room to stow the dolly inside
the car.  After Cincy, I'll be heading down to GA, so I'll break the
dolly down and put it in the (now empty) hatch...  I'd rather not lug
that heavy boat anchor of a receiver to GA and back, so it's up for
grabs for free at Cincy to whoever wants it...

Later,

Mark.
75
82