TDI scirocco?

a DB cable TDI swap would be from an A3 jetta or a B4 passat
those would be easiest, and still net awesome fuel economy

the problem is finding a donor car that doesnt cost at LEAST $3000

i looked into it for my 1990 jetta coupe, and i was ready to roll with a
$2500 swap, BUT the yard owner wouldnt give me the car, buit siad if i
needed anything i could come back.
prob was the yard was 8 hours away.

there is also a mechanical TDI swap which uses the 1.9 mechanical pump, it
is less efficient, but still muhc more powerful than the IDI engines