The weekend's piddly-ass tally

I tend to put off piddly tasks, and this weekend was full of them, I still
have two to go.
So MkI: New tires and wheels, found fasteners to replace destroyed centre
cap locks, POR15/Rustoleum on any skin cancer I found under the car.
Thankfully, there wasn't too much of that. Redirected inflow to the airbox
so it sucks cooler air, and no rain. Added a nice flexible rubber sleeve to
protect the O2 sensor connector, which could not possibly have ended up in
a worse spot under the car. Test drive with newly wired in O2 sensor/ new
tires, discovered that the back hatch cover rattles too much, so foam taped
it to correct that. Rewired O2 sensor to free up Ciggy lighter, it got
rewired back to its original wires, O2 sensor got the load reduction
circuit wiring from the rear defogger (which had powered the ciggy lighter
for a few days). Washed and waxed the car, minor vaccuuming, repainted the
rear badging,  reseated the tranny end of the speedo cable in hopes that it
would restore speedo function (not hopeful, I haven't driven it yet), and
replaced a bit of grille plastic that was busted, a nice job if it stays
put, drilled out anti tamper plug so I can tamper with the mix. Likely some
other jobs of similar piddly nature. The small stuff kills ya, eh?
MkII: Finally found a source for the correct hubcentric rings, and
installed them, (front wheel studs should be in tomorrow, so that's
next)nearly finished up ignition shutoff for the radio so hubby doesn't
flatten the battery again, and thats' about it.
Other: Purchased a new battery charger, and charged six batteries with
mixed results, it looks like the two Interstates are really dead. :(
Dumbass move of the weekend: The kid's POS Jetta got towed home, it seems
that you really can't weld up your alternator and expect it to hold
up.....that car just hates anything that's belt driven. And love the tow
truck. New engine's all good though!
Question: Would hemispherical wheel bearings be a bad thing? That was the
discovery from his OTHER Jetta.....mangled is a word.
cathy, always fighting the good fight, one car at a time...

cathy