From: darren24@mango.spoonohost.com [mailto:darren24@mango.spoonohost.com]
On Behalf Of Jacob Hawes
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 2:22 PM
To: Scirocco-L
Subject: Trouble getting the front strut nuts off

Inclination finally hit. For some reason I feel like tackling the front
suspension that has been one of three known things I need to get done to
get it on the road. I autozone borrowed the spring compressors and I got
my struts a while ago. So now the problem hits. I can't seem to get the
nut off. The new struts have the allen wrench top like the book
describes, but the current ones, nooo, they have to have a big wide
flathead slot that originally had blue (silicon?) filler in it. How do I
get the nut off? Most flat head bits are rounded on the sides instead of
flat so they just slip out, and my dads harbor freight drill broke the
chuck off trying to fight it (no great loss, but we are down one drill).

If all else fails I can probably go down to a friends shop and see how
much he will charge to break the nuts off since that should be my only
problem. but I would like to exhaust the other three steps first (force,
heat, chemicals)

Actually make that four known things to get it running. The rear brakes,
front suspension, battery, and brake cables.

--
	--Jacob Hawes
Cars: