Yay. Now my car is SAFE!!

Yeah - it's going back at 10AM. If I see even the slightest rip in the
new tie-rod boots, there will be hell to pay.

Also: the inner tie-rods are locked onto the steering rack with a
locknut - http://www.vintagewatercooleds.com/tech/Techtips/Timbotechnotes/struts/pics/frontstruts/strutspt4_08.jpg

http://www.vintagewatercooleds.com/tech/Techtips/Timbotechnotes/struts/pics/frontstruts/strutspt4_15.jpg

http://www.vintagewatercooleds.com/tech/Techtips/Timbotechnotes/struts/pics/frontstruts/strutspt4_20.jpg

--Timbo