Oil Drain Plug - http://thescirocco.com/images/OilDrainPlug.jpg

I stripped my oil drain plug today, changing the oil and filter. The threads
on the drain plug looked worn down, and I pulled one sliver out of the drain
plug threads, and I fished out another sliver out of the drain hole, with a
couple of Q tips. I'm glad that I checked the drain hole, because otherwise
the sliver, probably would've been turned into the oil pan, by installing
the new drain plug.

I bought one oversized 14x1.5mm, and one regular size with a magnet. I'm
glad I did, because I couldn't even turn the oversized one into drain hole,
and the magnet drain plug went in snugly.

Anyway, I noticed that the factory oil drain plug, didn't have threads all
the way down to the head of the oil drain plug.
Where the threads end, it continues at an angle, to the head, so it can't
have threads. Both replacements, had threads all the way to the head.

Check it out:
http://thescirocco.com/images/OilDrainPlug.jpg
I'll try to take a better picture...

I know a lot of people will be changing their oil soon, before driving out
to Cincy.
Could you let me know, if your factory drain plug is different, by posting
to this thread. I think they're all the same, but I'd like to verify it.

If they are all like that, I'm going to change the drain plugs, on all my
cars...

Thanks in advance!

Peter
http://thescirocco.com/

http://thescirocco.com/images/DontDriveTheSciroccoDrunk.gif

Please! Include the previous text in your reply...