Trips from hell - was Re: OT:Re: Cincy - Anyone heading out of or through the Chicago area?

--- julie@menloparkrandd.com wrote:

> Ohhh... Ohhhh.
>  I flew to OH to buy a car. Leaving the house at 2:30am.
> 2 flights later, made it to the airport for pick up. Made
> a mad dash to the OH DMV and waited in line for (god
> knows) how long. 5 minutes before closing, the guy behind
> the desk, took one look and said "No rotary public".
> Damn. The original seller never had the doc certified.
> She was the only one that could.

OMG do NOT remind me of this trip.  I felt absolutely
horrible having not verified that crap before you headed
out here, to say nothing of the issues the car ended up
having.

I can't say I've had a really horrible trip.  Probably the
closest one to a bad trip was the one I took to Dallas in
the back of my own Scirocco to pick up a '79 that hadn't
been driven in 6-8 months.  It made it home but by the time
we got here the points were so bad the car would barely
run.  In fact, after arrival, it refused to start.

But she still made it.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v             '88 Scirocco Slegato
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172