From: "Jason" <verboten@michiganvw.org>
To: "Scirocco list" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 11:19 AM
Subject: re: IS My auto tranny finally giving up the ghost?

Try some ford type F fluid if you just want to make the thing last as long
as possible. Have you adjusted the first gear band at all?

I had a '90 Jetta coupe with auto trans  that i was able to make driveable
by tightening the band and using type f fluid, as type f has more friction
additives in it than other fluids