My struts! oh god!! the horror...

Got my parts from Germanautoparts. New Boge Turbo Gas (which are
aparantly called Sachs Super Touring now that Boge is Sachs) inserts.
These are the ones for the german struts. Fine - I have a rocco.

Yeah - I took my struts out, took em all apart with no problems. Then
it came time to remove the old inserts from the lower housings.

"Made in USA" .... WTF?? these are from a rabbit? what's going on
here. Why is the housing so different? The top nut thingy that holds
the insert in threads on the inside instead of the outside. so no
cutting or any of that for me. I went over to Mr. Shisler's place -
and we tried and tried to get them off with the world's larges vise,
and some pipe wrenches. We actually got one of the caps off - only to
find WATER instead of oil on there. We tried to pull it out, we tried
fire even. Lots of fire. didn't work. Massive failure..

So. those are abandoned. Now I have to find some strut housings.

Anybody near me in PA have some strut housings or struts I could get
off of ya? I'm going to try to find a salvage yard tomorow, and see if
I find a cabbie or something.

--Timbo

--
Timbo!