(no subject)

Julie, my heart really goes out to you on this one.....

If you are looking to learn the skills of fixing stuff like this, why not
view this project as practice with the intent to source a westie shell at a
leisurely pace.  Trying to find a shell that is suitable for what you want
(ie....rust free and straight) takes time unless you happen to get super
lucky right away.

You'll never find that perfect Scirocco shell....because Sciroccos that are
shells are never perfect.  Even in the west.  Therefore, any skills you are
acquiring from the current project will be transferable....

You can do the patching and welding to the best of your ability and then
monitor the health of that area to verify success -- and if you fail, that
is okay 'cause you are still looking for that westie shell.

Just my two and a half cents.....

Kirsten