Megasquirt wiring action!!

Today, I went and visited sciroccojim, and we attacked the MS harness!!

If you wanna see some pics - see the vortex (whoretex, am i rite?)
post: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2593791

Here's the kickass part about this whole thing...

You need a key on and start signal, and a fuel pump wire to the fuel
pump. We killed multiple birds with one stone.

The fuse panel's fuel pump relay socket has all the terminals there,
right? Well - one of em is unfused 12v - (terminal 30) so that wire
goes out now to a fuse for the megasquirt and the injectors and the
Idle valve. Another of them is terminal 15 - which is the on/start
position of the key - that goes to the main power relay. Another pin
there is the output feed from the stock relay. It goes back into the
panel, through a fuse, and directly to the fuel pump.

So I am able to attach my Megasquirt quickly to the car, and completly
without cutting or disconnecting any wires at all. Just take the CIS
fuel pump relay out, and plug the megasquirt wires in where the relay
was. AND THAT MY FRIENDS KICKS MAJOR ASS!! Props for sciroccojim for
coming up with that idea!!

Another day of wiring ahead - but it's coming together nicely. I'll be
ready for cincy! Just need to port my intake manifold for my new
passat TB now.

Question: do I need to port my manifold? I know I should - but I just
wanna get a fox manifold and be done with it. I'd just like to slap it
on, and have it work, and worry about the nice manifold later.

The big thing next is getting the GM cooant sensor to go somewhere and not leak.

--
Timbo!
Location: Glenside, PA!