springs - lowering & a3

   so while i was talking to my friend at a garage tonight he handed
over some old lowering springs that he'd removed from a rabbit in the
early 90's. they are yellow and that's about all i know. looks to be a
decent drop, but i don't know how much and it's raining so i don't want
to go to the shed and the factory springs i have. any ideas on
identification?
   also, i'm setting my '85 up to tow (for the near future). i currently
have 16v springs in the rear, though i've heard a3 springs are stiffer.
does anyone currently have a set of stock a3 springs laying around that
they can compare with or might be willing to sell cheap? i should be at
cincy at least one day for pickup. thanx.

--
  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com