  From: fahrvergnugen@cox.net
  To: LEF ; peter@thescirocco.com ; 'John S. Lagnese' ; Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:58 PM
  Subject: Re: Re: Inner cv diagnose

  I don't post this to be a smart ass at all, but I just replaced the outer shaft on the pickup this evening.  The outer boot was gone, but someone had cleaned out the grease pretty well, so it drove fine for at least 10K miles that way.  The sand trucks came out in force in Jan., and found its' way into said CV.  It always had a vibration, but it got worse after that.  Eventually, it was so bad, it began to make erratic vibrations at highway speed, so much so I didn't know if I would make it home or not.  I replaced it tonight, and my fokking God I can't believe how much smoother it is.  I am confident that the CV was the cause, since that was the only thing I changed...

  Now, I know you said it was not 'usually' the cause of vibration, to which I agree.  I would just like to stress that it may be the cause even so.  Rotating tires is a much easier thing to do first, and a logical choice...

  David