MkI fuel accumulator question

Yes, I am, and you just verified, that your '77 came with an accumulator. :)
The first full year for fuel injection...
I never said it was necessary, but i guess I should've said, that all fuel
injected Sciroccos came with one.

Allyn hasn't experienced any problems without one, and he's still running
CIS-E, AFAIK.
He told me about this, when I re-did the fuel system on my '84 Rabbit GTI
aka winter beater.

You are right about EFI, and EFI also runs at a lower pressure, and less of
a duty cycle, since they're not always open, and CIS injectors stay open
when the pressure is right.

I like the capacitor comparison, that is dead on...
Especially since pressure systems and hydraulics follow the same basic
principles as electricity.

Any relation to the Cali Potters?

Peter
http://thescirocco.com/

Drive the GTI, and save the Scirocco!

Please! Include the previous text in your reply...

  _____