MkI fuel accumulator question

On 3/21/06, C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> Just wondered how that translated to running symptoms. I likely have one,
> just couldn't find it when I popped my head under there. And I don't
> recall
> having seen one when I changed the pump last year. Cathy

Klaus has one, or at least he did the last time I was under there.  (Weed
whip exhaust mod maybe?) it's the early style, much smaller than the later
ones, installed aft of the fuel pump.

Usually bad accumulators result in fuel leaks. I've seen the end rust right
off but it didn't leak - that's one tough diaphragm in there.   Their
primary role is to dampen the pressure pulses from the fuel pump, their
secondary role is to help retain fuel pressure for warm starts. A failure in
neither function is likely to result in the kind of arschlaufen Klaus
suffers from, unless it's via contamination.

Drew
--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd
77 Scirocco project - Boom Boom Boom...