Fuel resevoir and gas tank removal???

> Allyn, thanks for the pics!

No problem, knew the effort of taking them would come in handy some day...

> Ok so now I have it off and it needs to be replaced.  Does
> dealer carry this item or am I gonna have to farm it out
> somewhere else.  Seems like the plastic gets brittle over time.

www.parts4vws.com , ask for potterman or potterwoman, you will find both able to
cite vw part numbers from memory, its quite creepy actually...

> Also, is there anything else I should replace while I have
> the fuel pump down and I'm working in this area.

Every time I've done that work, I have bypassed the accumulator and removed it
(it eventually leaks, or that pinched line does), cutting the plastic hard line
right at where it mates to the accumulator banjo fitting.  This makes for a
steel-reinforced end of a hard line that can be easily connected directly to the
outlet of the main pump by means of a short length of 3/8" fuel line.

> Despirate 86 rocco addict

Can we expect you at cincy?
Al