FW: H&R Sport springs with Bilstein Sports AND Bonrath loweringcaps

On 3/19/06, Peter <peter@thescirocco.com> wrote:

> Don, Is that how much the early strut mounts lowered it, by the newly
> exposed threads?
>
> I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Bonrath lowering spring caps.
> They lower it about 1/2" and destroy Bilstein dustcaps...

I don't know.  I never noticed that before.  They were on the car before I
got it. According to Bonraths web site they should lower the car 10mm.
Bonrath also makes a special "Lowering cap" which is not what I have.  I do
have another 16V with H&R Coliovers and the stock rubber caps on them.

I use the B3 spring caps, they only lower it 8-10mm, but they are really