stripped wiper shafts and solutions?

I definitely did not explain myself well.

Try the old arms once you clean the thing of metal in the knurls, but
put another washer on it.  This will put the wiper arm further on the
shaft, making another impression in the arm.  IIRC, new arms don't have
knurling in them when new, they press in when fastened in place.
Depending on how bad they are, you might need two washers.  It doesn't
matter, they are under the little cap anyways...  :-)

David