'85 Scirocco - Actual Metal Value

I tried to give this car away, and they molested the chassis and harness
when they installed the 1.8T.

After pulling almost everything from the chassis, I hauled the '85 to
Diamond State Recyling in Wilmington, Delaware.

http://thescirocco.com/images/RecyclingThe85.jpg

The gross weight, on the way in, was 5640 LBS, and on the way out, the C10,
the tow dolly, 4 mini spares, and myself weighed 4640 LBS.

I had to pull the mini-spares, and I didn't have a 17MM, since I was driving
the Chevy C10. One of the workers found me a 17MM, and helped me pull the
lug bolts, so I gave him $5. He hesitated, and I said, that I don't just
give money a away, and that he earned it. Now I can re-use the mini-spares,
for the next time.

The '85 shell weighed exactly a 1000 LBS, and they gave me $30, which is
exactly whay I had guessed.

I normally have to pay $30 to have a shell removed, so this way I made a few
bucks.

Peter
http://thescirocco.com/

Drive the GTI, and save the Scirocco!

Please! Include the previous text in your reply...