OT: changing oil

Greg Pallett wrote:
> Ok, I stole it from the 'tex - but if I hadn't some of you might not have
> seen it!
>

> Oil Change instructions for Women:
>
> 1) Pull up to Jiffy Lube when the mileage reaches 3000 miles since the last
> oil change.
> 2) Drink a cup of coffee.
> 3) 15 minutes later, write a check and leave with a properly maintained
> vehicle.
>
> Money spent:
> Oil Change $20.00
> Coffee $1.00
> Total $21.00

Working at a VW dealership, this has not been my experience.  The 21.00
oil change can occassionally turn into a 400.00 one...

Oil pan, 229.00
Sealant,   34.00
Two hours labor, 180.00

The chance to curse out the stupid 17.5-year-old oil tech because he
over tightened the drainplug in an aluminum pan, priceless....  :-)

David