replacement seats

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 23:35:20 -0500, "Craig Steiner"
<steiner_ca@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Anyone have a good source for replacement driver and passenger seats?  I'll
>probably go brand new not used.

The first part of my solution to this problem was to find a decent set
of Corrado G60 seats, which are very supportive and pretty close to
plug and play (all functions work), so no adjuster issues.  The second
part is to get them reupholstered.  I paid $120 for the pair
(excellent shape, but typical driver side bolster issues) and I have
one estimate of $500 to repair them and install new cloth inserts in
front and rear seats to match.  I like that idea because I get to pick
whatever fabric I want to use.  Total cost: about $620.

If I could find a pair of new (preferably in black, to match the
existing rear seat inserts) seats with bases that function as well as
the Corrado ones for that money, I might consider it.  But the seats
I've seen and priced that I would like as well or better than the
Corrado ones I have installed are running more money than plan A,
above.

So now, being typically cheap, I drive with the unrestored (but
functional) Corrado seats up front and the mismatched (but nice) rear
bench.  I have a nice LOOKING set of 1975 seats (that match my rear
bench) as well, but are really horrible seats in comparison.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9