I want one...

On 3/14/06, David Utley <fahrvergnugen@cox.net> wrote:

> I have always wondered why manufacturers looked at burning Hydrogen, if
> for no other reason that Hydrogen is not naturally occurring.  The only
> way to get it is to electrify water, which means burning more coal...
>
> Neat idea for the environment, just a bad idea for the environment....
>
> David'
>

> PS--  Anyone smarter than me is encouraged to take me to school...

Well I can't but Stan Ovshinsky can take anyone to school about hydrogen.
I saw this episode of Scientific America Frontier on OPB a year ago that
blew me away so much I still think about it today.  I implore all to watch
the all 3 parts of the show, even if you do not have high speed.  Stan's
plan involves solid storage of hydrogen produced from solar electricity all
from insane alloys he creates.  You must see his photovoltaic sheets.
Absolutely amazing.  Oh yeah he also invented the NiHM battery and the
rewriteable CD.

<http://www.pbs.org/saf/1506/video/watchonline.htm>

--
Gordy