Weekend noises: Tapppa tappa, quack, and more

I just got home from an awesome fun filled Scirocco lister weekend,
beginning here Friday night, and ending up at Drew M's today.
Friday night George and Blackie rolled in, then MkIMark in is silver MkII,
and finally Daun, Ben H. and Meredith Y. in the "Gino support vehicle", the
faithful MkIV Golf PD. Diesels were the engines of choice for the rest of
the weekend. I was feeling spoiled already, since Mark and Daun were
packing lots of cool parts for my babies, including a beautiful new
windshield for Klaus. (Thanks to Peter for holding on to it for so long for
me, and to Mark for bringing it up here for me.)
Of course, relaxing and beverages finished the evening, and in the morning
we headed out to see the Mad Bastard (well, really Mrs Mad Bastard) with
Gino's engine/tranny assembly loaded into the Golf (to reunite with Daun's
Slegato, aka Gino). The visit to TMB's was in fact a surprise plot. Yep, I
was punk'd. I'd been told we were going to pick up some part for Anson, and
see the baby, but in fact, it was to pick up a part for me!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!
Klaus now has a duckbill. Oh yeah baby, quack quack, quack... retro it is.
I am just totally ecstatic, and thanks to Daun for being such a generous
friend. From there we headed to Drew's.
It was too late to do much wrenching by the time we rolled in, but we did
manage to stuff ourselves full of one of Ann's delightful desserts, and
consume a few more cold beverages. The trip up had been a great chance to
talk cars, and of course we continued well into the night. After a tour of
Drew's place in the morning, the Americans headed out for lunch with other
VDubbers in London, and a trip to see a car in Ann Arbor, then home to
Ohio. George and I stayed on to help Drew be certain that he had no
runnning Sciroccos, and we headed back home. Our work there was done. :)

For once, the time seemed to pass slowly, I had a good chance to talk to
the whole bunch of them, and as always, it was totally delightful. This is
an awesome group of people, and Cincy just can't come fast enough!
(hopefully Track Day North II will happen first!)

Cathy