Relay tail lights?

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 17:41:20 -0500, "Rick Kellner" <rfkellner@snet.net>
wrote:

>Gordon, I would stick with the stock wattage in the tail lights, you run
>the risk of melting the plastic.  I have seen this happen to the square
>Jetta tail lights (A2s) when the stock wattage is replaced (PO) with a
>higher wattage.  I have a pic of the old lights if you want to see what
>it can do.

Yes, I'm going to watch it closely but, after a little more research,
the recommended Osram 67 bulb is actually rated at 8 watts and the
5008 that Sylvania specs is 10 and still has a small globe, so not
much of a boost.  The Phillips 5 watt bulbs may have been a mistake.
They were really dim.

Most of the "I melted my tailights!" stories I found seem to be
somebody using a 21 watt brake light as a running light.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9