[16v] DPR/mixture/timing questions

Nate,

I just went through this and the list had the correct result for my problem.
Mine ran great when cold (Charleston, SC cold for less than 2 minutes after
start up.) Once up to temp, the car ran like crap.  Bogging, no power, felt
like it had lost a cylinder or two, limp mode, just ran like crap. Someone
suggested that I check the temp switch on the side of the head (I am sure I
just mislabeled that part.) Got in there and pulled the switch off the spare
head in the garage and started to pull the one off the car when I realized
the wire connecting it was just barely hanging there. I put a jumper wire in
and the problem was gone. That was the problem that Al and I had been
chasing since the 2.0L swap. It took a couple years to get the right
symptoms together to find the problem. It was that simple.

Just something else to check that matched the symptoms you described.

HTH,

Dave

David Winchell, II
87 2.0L 16V Scirocco