[16v] DPR/mixture/timing questions

Al, thanks for the tips.
I did some more checking today, and came up with these results:

I checked the voltage coming from the O2 sensor, and as it warmed up, it
ramped up to 1v, and stayed there, fluctuating only .1v in either
direction (.9-1.1v)

I checked the O2 sensor control unit values based on Bentley, which
stated that between terminal 2 and 8, I should have no continuity when
the O2 sensor is connected to the sensor lead, but I should have
continuity when the O2 sensor was grounded.  In both tests, I got no
continuity.  I checked all 3 wires on the sensor lead (it was a splice
job), and all my connections were tight and dry.

I reconnected my DPR harness, and again, I got no reading unless I
throttled the engine, where it would spike and return to 0.  Even
testing the O2 sensor limp-home mode per Bentley (engine off, ignition
on, checking for specific mAs), I got no reading.

The O2 sensor I used was a new NGK (yeah, I know, I should have used
Bosch, but I am on a strict budget and got it for $6 shipped) with a
vehicle-specific connector.  I don't know what vehicle it was for, but
it is a 3 wire, 2 white and one black, so the connections were the same.

So now, I'm thinking I have a defective O2 sensor, or at least one that
isn't working correctly.

I'll do some more checking, I did check the DPR and it tested okay per
the ohm test.

Nate