Relay tail lights?

Has anyone relayed their tail lights?  I'm thinking running lights I
probably will because I want to have pretty light wire running through
to all the switches and such.
I'm thinking brakes would be nice because I want those as bright as
possible, but I'm thinking that relaying them is not good because of
the delay of the relay.  Anyone have any experience or thoughts?
How about turn signals?  Is that even possible?  or just completely unnecessary?

This is all in context of a complete rewire from scratch, btw, so I
can do anything I want.  I want to overengineer this car to be as
ridiculously stout as possible.

-Grant-