Mk1 racer on eBay

> I have always wondered what they do to these motors to make them have that
> much horsepower...

 Well, for one, they can use any hp number they want....who is going to take
the time/expense to verify it by having the motor dyno'd?  And if someone
did dyno the engine (not a chassis dyno) and the numbers came up short....so
what?  The PO could say "My numbers were on a fresh motor, this has xx
racing hours on it....you must have changed something....yadda, yadda,
yadda"   Then, too, what would the new owner do?  Say "take everything back,
I don't want it because it's down 35hp from what you said"?  Probably not.

  No, race hp numbers are as reliable on a race car (especially one that is
on the auction block) are they are on someone's street car that just came
back from Roscoe's Dyno-Tune.  That is to say, not very.
They make for great debates, though.

Larry
sandiego16v