Quick opinion poll

> What's a "mirror base?"  Are you talking about that wedge shaped seal that
> the mirror sits on or are your mirrors actually metal, painted black?  (I
> thought the mk1 black mirrors were plastic)  I did find some NOS seals on
> Ebay a few months ago.. not cheap at $15/pair, but my old ones were
> severely cracked and hard as glass.
> http://pws.prserv.net/gforbess/scirocco/mirror.jpg

Yeah - I kinda grumbled to myself when I saw that someone had the flag mirror
seals NOS, but no later style ones...although I did manage to score a pretty
decent set recently from someone parting a roc out...

The mirror base is the part that is screwed to the door that the plastic
mirror housing swivels on. I was almost positive is was some type of alloy.
Nothing fancy, but looked to be metal to my untrained eye...

JT