Ouch for auto industry

I hate to be the hater in the group but it's a horrible idea.  It's
going to fail.

...they didn't start with a Scirocco.

No but seriously nice feel-good story but there's more there than you
are seeing.  Unless that VOC-ED shop has a helluva budget--which in
west philly?  Not saying it's impossible, but I think they had
sponsorship of some sort.  I have no doubt that they did it and it
performs like they say.  I am just wondering who would benefit from
giving the automakers and the oil companies a kick in the crotch.  A
biodiesel firm?  Uncle Sam?  The American soy bean farmers?

Now in all fairness, I will say that a car built in a shop probably
did not jump through all the hoops and red tape associated with
development, it probably does not conform to any standards whatsoever
for safety systems and such, so there was money to be saved there.
But still... there's money in that car.  Racing seats, 5 point
harnesses, Rims and tires, the lambo style doors, and the paint.
Again not saying that they don't have the skills to paint it, but the
paint itself is ungodly expensive, and that one looked to have a ALOT
of clearcoat on it.

Spidey senses tingling...
Chris