Mk1 transmission removal AGONY!

Peter wrote:
> Yes, and it's a pain in the a$$!
>
> I'd try a visegrip, to break them loose. Obviously it's a little tedious,
> because usually you can only work on the bottom one, so you'll have to
> rotate, clamp, break loose, rotate, and repeat.
>
> If that doesn't work, I'd cut the heads off the CV bolts, work the axle off,
> and the bolt stubs can usually be turned out by hand.
>
> HTH!
>
> Peter-302.832.8989
> http://thescirocco.com/
>
> Please! Include the previous text in your reply...

I have used a chisel and a hammer with great success, only time it has
not worked on an allen-head bolt or the triple-square is when I could
not properly angle the chisel...

Whatcha do is angle the chisel so that 1) it is perpendicular to the
bolt, and 2) at an angle so that it will cause the head to turn  in
favor of loosening the bolt.  You will damage the bolts by doing this so
that they can't easily be re-used, but it sounds like they are prolly
already stripped anyways...

G/L

David