Mk II Air Conditioning?

You might want to throw a set of gauges on there and monitor it while running before you go replacing pressure switches.  Also -
have you checked out the A/C control switch inside the car?  The left half of its range of motion actually dictates the cycle
frequency/time of the compressor, and it does this based on the temperature probe reading from the evaporator.  It could very well
be cycling because it is being told to, based on what it thinks the temp setting is.

Al