help needed

my dad and i are wondering if the tranny from the 82 will fit in our 87
cabby? the cabby has a 3 speed auto right now. we were also wondering if its
a bolt in job or do we have to do some more work to make everything work
right?

we also found out why our cabby has been running shitty, the DPR sensor was
not even plugged in. there was not even a plus for it where it hooks up to
the air box!!!! the 82's hard start problem was solved too, the mighty 5th
injector wires were cut!!! stupid previous owners!!