Adult content..

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 08:28:40 -0400, "Allyn" <amalventano1@tds.net>
wrote:

>"Pischetsrieder insisted the Scirocco decision had been made three-quarters of a year ago."
>
>Hah.  Doesn't that pre-date Pauls comment of "it ain't gonna happen" (on vortex)?

"Auto Motor und Sport" has been writing (in German) about the new
Scirocco since September of 2005.  Actually, they mention the plan to
build the car, as a "Scirocco successor" back in early 2004.  I've
seen this mag get it right in relation to Mercedes model plans for a
number of years, so their sources in the German auto business have
proven to be pretty good.  Most of the English language auto mags have
just been translating and publishing AM&S material in relation to the
new car.

I don't understand what information the vortex people thought they had
that contradicted AM&S, but it sure looks like they were mistaken.
I'm waiting for a posted explanation from somebody there since they
have been so adamant in saying things just as you quoted. Should be
interesting.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9