Suspension (strut) damage

On 11:05:18 pm 06/26/06 "Peter" <peter@thescirocco.com> wrote:
> Picture?
>
> It sounds like the installer, or whoever did the alignment, tightened
> the eccentric bolt, and not the nut, the way you are supposed to.
>

> Peter-302.832.8989
> http://thescirocco.com/

Well  the boy is the installer, and the aligner, since suspension geometry
is a lost cause on that setup, given its up and down travel at the flick of
a switch. And the fact that he has rubbing issues with the fender
influences where the alignment is set. Yeah, it's a wierd thing. It would
take a lot of force, it's not the area around the bolt, but above that, as
if someone had whacked both sides of those brackets , or more like hit them
both with a grinder, but with enough force to bend them. But I can't see
why he'd be in there with a grinder. It's not in an area where it would
really impact anything structural, but what the heck? You know?
Peter, I'll send you the pic, since I dont know how to post it.
cathy