head swap

It is possible, and the x-flow head does flow better, but with several
concessions/modifications. I'm going to do this on my turbo motor (x-flow on a
3a block)

If you're going to run a x-flow head, you'll have to figure out a way to get
your CIS injectors in there (which I don't even know if possible without a
custom intake). This would also need the proper injector cups. ALternatively,
if you're going to run EFI, that opens up a whole other set of mods.

Also, the other concern is the main oil return galley in the head. In the x-
flow head, it's oval and in the JH (or any other 'traditional' 8v head) it's a
cirlce. Some folks say they've been able to avoid oil leaks, but the
recommended method is to have the head galley welded up into a circle.

You could always just get this one. Guy just lowered the price to $400:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2643629

G/L, JT