Can we design and build a bio-diesel electric hybrid scirocco?

Oops, forgot to hit "reply everyone", re-sending, sorry Behrle!  ;)

Would be an interesting project.  The VW 1.2L TDI 3-banger would be a good
engine for this purpose.  That engine in the 3L Lupo has set fuel economy
records all over the place, including being the first european car to
travel 100 km (62 miles) on 3 liters (.79 gallons) of fuel.  I think I
read somewhere that it was the first car to break 100 mpg during normal
road travel at posted speed limits as well.  Sure, it's NOT a hybrid, but
the engine is small enough and powerful enough (61 hp 103 ft-lbs) that it
might be a good place to start with a bio-electric hybrid.

Brendan