Can we design and build a bio-diesel electric hybrid scirocco?

There has to be a donor in a yard out there somewhere by now.  As adept as we are in scavenging the local yards for parts I bet at least one of us could locate one.  There are several approaches to Hybrids.  I think a "Parallel Hybrid" would work best in this case.  It has an infernal combustion engine/tranny up front and an electric powerplant in back kinda like Ansons twin scirocco.

Drew Mac <drew@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:  Behrle Hubbuch wrote:

>I propose that with all the experience, technical knowlege and creativity this group possesses we can design and build a practical bio-diesel electric hybrid Scirocco. Any takers?
>
> Behrle
>
> 81S "Dieter"

The biodiesel Scirocco part I could handle, but the electric hybrid bit
would be far too much expense and effort to be practical, unless someone
has a Prius for parts.

Drew

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd