  From: C Boyko
  To: LEF
  Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 5:14 AM
  Subject: Re: results of stripped timing belt

  On 11:17:07 pm 06/17/06 "LEF" <rocco16@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  > Good news and bad.
  >
  > First the bad: All intake valves have a beautiful S-shape to their
  > stems. :)

  Heck, you need to order the whole set anyways, may as well kill them all,
  Not so good eh?

  Now the good: That appears to be the extent of the damage;

  Excellent, now you sure that the pistons aren't cracked <wink wink>,
  requiring a replacement block???? That IS good news though.

  > Oh, and youngson's Father's Day gift to me was.....a complete gasket
  > set for the engine!!  :) Doesn't get much better than that!

  You have a son as good at giftgiving as mine. It sure is nice, isn't it?
  happy Father's day, BTW!

  >  Thanks for the help, information, and advice, List!

  Don't you love the list?

  > Larry
  > sandiego16v   (well, only eight valves for the time being...)

  8V really isn't so bad, except in your case....my little 8V mill will be
  the fastest in the herd one day, mark my words! And for now, it's a joy
  anyway.
  Cathy