Scirocco-l Digest, Vol 16, Issue 68

Yeah i've bought three gauges, water temp, oil pressure an voltmeter, the
voltmeter isn't a problem because its electrical, but i'm not sure how/where
to hook up the water temp and oil pressure gauges, because they're
mechanical gauges, the instructions say they're supposed to go in somwhere
on the block, and i looked and am not really sure where to put what?

>From: julie@menloparkrandd.com
>To: ChrisEffinger22@gmail.com, scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Re:  Scirocco-l Digest, Vol 16, Issue 68
>Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 08:44:36 +0000
>
>There are several gauges that are important. You, in a MKI dash, already
>have water temp. The other two that are standard for the center console are
>oil temp and battery voltage. One of the listers must have the correct
>plate for it if you dont. There is a 3 gauge panel available as well.
>Oil Pressure is very important, when oil level drops quickly, shut off the
>engine, or if it has a slight tremble, then the level of the oil is getting
>low. It should read about 75' when cold and drop to about 25-30 durning the
>summer.
>Ammeter, you can tell if the Alt is charging correctly or not. The needle
>is centered at 0. When you turn the key or put on a load it swings to the
>left. When charging while the engine is on, it swings to the right.
>Vacumn shows the manifold air pressure. Are you using a lot of fuel or
>running economically (or have a leak in the 25 YO rubber). It shoulf read
>about 14" when at idle (local air pressure), swing to 0 on accelleration,
>and decelleration? Swing real high.
>My MKI runs all of them, but thats because I'm a sticky beak, my cars not
>stock and have a yen to understand whats going on under the hood. Also
>because I love the sight of the neeles fluctuating while I drive :)
>
>Hope this helps.

Auto news & advice ? check out Sympatico / MSN Autos
http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/Default.aspx