Rear Fog Lights for MKII

I know this has been prob asked a thousand times but has anyone ever gone
through the trouble of fitting the euro spec rear fog lights to the MK2
Scirocco?  I have part numbers and can obtain the switch and hardware needed
for the dash, however as you probaly all know, rear tail lenses are a
obsolete part.  Just wondering if anyone has done this conversion using the
oem switch and the US oem rear tailights?  Thanks for all the help in
advance!