Is this dangerous?

With the horrid images of the Cali Edition that burned up after I sold it to
Craig B still fresh in my mind, I've been concerned all week about a fire
hazard because the Supersprint muffler is in direct contact with the rear
bumper cover of the Z1 kit.

http://area53.validpath.com/pics/ragtop/z12.jpg

The bumper covers appear to be made of a dense and durable fiberglass-like
material. Yet the tip protrudes a few inches beyond the contact area, so I
don't think there's much of a spark risk. Is there anything I should be
concerned about other than maybe a little melting or discoloration?

Here's a sampler of where it's at (definitely not done though!  :)

http://area53.validpath.com/pics/ragtop/z11.jpg

Thanks! Jeff